Victims of violence have often had little faith in the country’s justice system, in large part because of corruption in the courts.
In 2008, the government approved radical changes to the system and now defendants are going before judges under a new system of oral trials that will see a complete rollout by 2016.
- Illinois Injury Attorneys Named Designated Counsel by Mexican Government for Supporting the Rights of Hispanics in the Workplace (prweb.com)
- Mexican government rejects war crimes allegations (guardian.co.uk)
- Activists accuse Mexican president of war crimes in drug crackdown (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- Cyber warfare on the rise / Is ‘Anonymous’ targeting a Mexican cartel? (toodamnez.wordpress.com)
- Narco Economics (slate.com)